Posted by Lacaille | Posted in Hot!!!, Manga Release, Updates | Posted on 19-11-2008
I’m supposed to have posted this update yesterday, but I got caught up in studying for yet another exam. *takes cover from Lacaille’s deadly glares* Anyway, my midterms are finally over, so I’ll have some less-stressful time until my final exams start in the middle of December \o/ (and no, I can’t imagine why anyone would be interested in my personal life, but I’m slowly running out of things to write here.) And Lacaille is still on break.
We have a couple of announcements this week:
- We’re still in need of more preppers (or raw scans cleaners, in non-Aerandria terms), cleaners, and cloning ninjas. Please see our recruiting section for more details. If you want to see more of your favorite series, please consider applying <3
- Even though we have stated very clearly in our FAQ that we won’t scanlate licensed titles, a lot of people still ask us to pick up licensed titles, or pester us about why we drop some of our projects that became licensed in English. Let us make ourselves clear one more time: the reasons why we won’t scanlate manga licensed in English are:
- It’s a waste of our time and efforts. Instead of using our resources on something that will eventually come out in English, it’s more productive for us to work on something else.
- It hurts the income of the mangaka. With free scanlation available, people will be less willing to spend money on the books. One of the reasons why we started scanlating manga is because we want to introduce the works of these mangaka to people who don’t have the opportunity to come into contact with them otherwise. If these manga become licensed in English, it’s a great chance for these authors to become even more widely well-known in the English-speaking community and to earn more profits for their works. We ourselves are fans of these authors, and we’d love to see people supporting them, and to see their works appreciated and rewarded appropriately.
- We don’t want to get into trouble with the authorities. Let’s face it – scanlating is already on a fine line between legal and illegal, and scanlating licensed manga is definitely illegal. We have seen groups having to close down or disband before because they scanlated licensed manga, and we don’t want to end up that way. Do YOU want Aerandria to close down? We hope the answer is “No.” Either way, we won’t risk our own safety for a certain number of people who keep on whining about our decision to drop licensed projects. No matter what you say, we won’t pick them up again, so you’re better stop doing something so pointless.
- The new poll is up. Please vote! ^_^
- The secret release on IRC is not Midnight Secretary. Believe it or not, we have a wide range of projects, and Midnight Secretary isn’t the only thing we work on. So please stop badgering us about the non-existent new MS release in our channel. We might decide to delay the next release of it if people insist on not giving us any peace.
Anyhow, here are the releases for this week:
- Billion Princess – chapter 5. Sorry, it’s one day late ^^;;
- Mademoiselle Butterfly – chapter 8. Cliff hanger! >_<
- Goraihou Gakuen e Youkoso! – chapter 4. I love the craziness and randomness in this series <3
- Open Sesame – chapters 1-4 + omake. Yes, another one-volume release and complete project ^_^ This is a very adorable one-volume series by Mutou Hiromu, the author of Never Give Up. Check it out!
- Hanatsuki Hime – chapter 3. This is the secret release that we previously mentioned. It has been on IRC for nearly two weeks.
- Blue Ramun – chapter 10. This is the end of volume 2. Only one more volume to go \o/
- Kindan no Koi de Ikou – chapter 17. A really hot chapter, I must say ^^;;
//edit: The mistake in chapter 5 of Billion Princess has been fixed. Thanks for pointing it out, simsire ^_^